SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR DIASPORA CHILDREN (SPDC)
The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi executes the Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) Scheme for the children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) i.e. Saudi Passport holders of Indian Origin who are holding a valid PIO card, or the OCI card and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) i.e. Indian Passport holders, to assist in pursuing undergraduate courses in Indian Universities / Institutes for their children. 150 scholarships shall be provided for the Academic Session 2018-2019. The scheme is applicable to NRIs and PIOs from 66 selected countries. The SPDC is awarded to following four categories:-
- Children of Persons of Indian Origin
- Children of Non-Resident Indian
- Children of Indian workers working in ECR countries studying outside India
- Children of Indian workers working in ECR countries studying in India
- Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) Scheme is open to the applicants in the age group of 17 Indian workers in ECR countries studying in India to 21 years as on 1st October, 2018. Applicants born on or after 1st October, 1997 and before 1st October, 2001 are eligible to apply. The total monthly income of the parent(s) of the candidate should not exceed an amount equivalent to US$4000. The applicants’ parents have to provide salary certificate from the employer (self-attested) with latest Annual Income Tax Return.
- How to apply:After obtaining admissions in the selected course in any of the following institutes, students who fulfill all other eligibility conditions can complete and submit APPLICATION FORM ONLINE ON THE SPDC PORTAL (http://spdcindia.gov.in) AND UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON THE PORTAL ITSELF. Only ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS will be accepted. The following institutes are covered under the scheme:
- NITs, IITs, Schools of Planning and Architecture
- ‘A’ Grade institutions accredited by NAAC and recognized by UGC
- Central Universities of India
- Other institutions covered under DASA scheme
- For detailed and latest information regarding SPDC for the Academic Session 2018-19, eligible candidates are advised to monitor the SDPC Portal (http://spdcindia.gov.in). The guidelines for Academic Session 2018-2019 are also attached herewith.
- Further updates will be available on the website in due course.