SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR DIASPORA CHILDREN (SPDC) 2019-20
Ministry of External Affairs, the Government of India executes Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) Scheme for the children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) i.e. Saudi Passport holders of Indian Origin who are holding a valid PIO card or OCI card and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) i.e. Indian Passport holders to assist in pursuing undergraduate courses in Indian Universities/Institutes for their children. 150 scholarships shall be provided for the Academic Session 2019-2020.The scheme is open to the following four categories of applicants.
- Children of Persons of Indian Origin
- Children of Non-Resident Indians
- Children of Indian workers of ECR countries - studying outside India.
- Children of Indian workers in ECR countries - studying in India
2. Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) Scheme is open to the applicants in the age group of 17 to 21 years as on 31st October, 2019. The total monthly income of the parent(s) of the candidate should not exceed an amount equivalent to US$4000. The applicants’ parents have to provide salary certificate from the employer (self-attested) with latest Annual Income Tax Return.
3. How to apply: After obtaining admissions in the selected course in any of the specified institutes, students who fulfill all other eligibility conditions, can complete and submit APPLICATION FORM ONLINE ON THE SPDC PORTAL (http://spdcindia.gov.in) AND UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON THE PORTAL ITSELF. Only ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS will be accepted.
4. The following institutes are covered under the scheme:
(i) NITs, IITs, Schools of Planning and Architecture
(ii) ‘A’ Grade institutions accredited by NAAC and recognized by UGC
(iii) Central Universities of India
(iv) Other institutions covered under DASA scheme
5. For detailed and latest information regarding SPDC for the Academic Session 2018-19, eligible candidates are advised to monitor the SDPC Portal (http://spdcindia.gov.in). Please click here for the guidelines for Academic Session 2019-20.